Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract to the 26th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Psychiatric Pharmacists (AAPP). Posters will be displayed April 17-18 and published on aapp.org and in the April or June 2023 issue of the Mental Health Clinician.
Abstract submissions are due January 11, 2023.
Awards are available in five different categories:
- Research Trainee Award: Qualified abstracts include a Work in Progress and Original Research. Interim data analysis required, and the first author must be a student, resident, fellow, or within 12 months of completion of training.
- Original Research: Abstracts should describe original research in therapeutics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, outcomes, drug utilization, kinetics, genetics and academic pursuits. Abstracts must not have been published in abstract form nor presented as a poster elsewhere before the AAPP 2023 Meeting.
- Innovative Practices Award: Abstracts describing the development, justification, documentation, and/or delivery of innovative services or activities applicable to psychiatric and neurologic pharmacy. The descriptive abstract should not duplicate any other poster category and should describe the development of innovative services/activities and should provide background/rationale, a description of the innovative service, the impact on patient care/institution and a conclusion.
- Therapeutic Case Report Award: Abstracts describing the various aspects of pharmaceutical care relating to individual psychiatric and/or neurological pharmacy cases. Abstracts should provide a complete patient history including age, gender, time from first diagnosis, social background, and details of, and response to, previous and current treatment(s). Cases should include background, complete patient history, review of literature, and conclusion.
- AAPP Foundation Strategic Goals Award: Abstracts that addresses stigma associated with psychiatric disorders or enhances the role of pharmacists in mental health prevention or care.
- $500 honorarium
- Recognition/announcement at the AAPP Annual Meeting
- Post-meeting press release announcements
- Historical recognition on the AAPP website
- Recognition as an award finalist in the Mental Health Clinician