AAPP community leaders, committees, and taskforces have been hard at work planning the next AAPP Communities Week, a 3-day virtual event taking place December 11-13, 2023! This event is exclusively for AAPP members, and you’re invited!
Communities Week sessions are designed by your peers to focus on relevant, current issues in practice with intention to foster open discussion and information sharing. Featuring topics from Integrating Social Determinants of Health within Pharmacy Education to Lessons Learned from Mistakes in Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) Clinics, this is a great opportunity to share and engage with your peers!
Communities Week is free for AAPP members and no advanced registration is needed. AAPP members may attend as many sessions as desired, and webinars can be added to your calendar from the bottom of the event page. Presentation slides will be posted closer to the event, and the full schedule is included below.
Take advantage of this AAPP member-benefit and plan to attend webinars of interest!
Monday, December 11
- 10:30 AM: Geriatric Psychiatry: Drugs in the Pipeline, presented by the Geriatric Community
- 12:00 PM: Stimulating the Conversation Around Management of Stimulant Shortages, presented by the Patient Care Practice Management (PCPM) Community
- 1:30 PM: Integrating Social Determinants of Health within Pharmacy Education, presented by the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Community
Tuesday, December 12
- 10:30 AM: Presenting at National Interprofessional Conferences: The AAPP Ambassador Program and You, presented by the Professional Affairs Committee
- 12:00 PM: Feelin’ Good about Promoting Resident Wellness, presented by the Residency Program Director's (RPD) Community
- 1:30 PM: Clozapine in Youth, presented by the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) Community
- 3:00 PM: Lessons Learned from Mistakes in Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) Clinics, presented by the Substance Use Disorders Strategies (SUDS) Community
Wednesday, December 13
- 12:00 PM: Talk (Digitally) to Me: Leveraging Telehealth as an Effective Modality, presented by the Resident and New Practitioner Committee
- 1:30 PM: Balancing Boundaries: Navigating Self-Disclosure in Group, Presented by the Patient Medication Education Groups (PMEG) Community
- 3:00 PM: Enhancing Student Pharmacist Well-Being, presented by the Teaching Community