Therapeutic Case Report Award Finalists
Therapeutic Case Report abstracts describe the various aspects of pharmaceutical care relating to individual psychiatric and/or neurological pharmacy cases.
- Jessica Putney, PharmD, BCPP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Mental Health, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, RI
Naltrexone Extended-Release Injection in a Patient with Alcoholic Cirrhosis of the Liver: A Case Report
- Michael Shuman, PharmD, BCPP, Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science College of Pharmacy, North Chicago, IL
Never Say Never: Successful Clozapine Rechallenge After Multiple Episodes of Neutropenia
Innovative Practices Award Finalists
Innovatice Practice abstracts describe the development, justification, documentation, and/or delivery of innovative services or activities applicable to psychiatric and neurologic pharmacy.
- Tyler Casey, PharmD, BCPP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Mental Health, Kaiser Permanente – Northwest, Portland, OR
Adult Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Clinic: A Collaboration Between Psychiatry, Primary Care and Pharmacy to Improve Access, Care Experience and Affordability
- Eileen Mintz, PharmD, Pharmacy Resident, Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center, Chicago, IL
Interdisciplinary Implementation of Mental Health Screenings and Treatment in a Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Clinic at a Federal Health Care Center
Original Research Award Finalists
Original Research abstracts describe original research in therapeutics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics, outcomes, drug utilization, kinetics, genetics and academic pursuits, and have not been published in abstract form nor presented as a poster elsewhere before the CPNP 2019 Meeting.
- Kyle Burghardt, PharmD, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
The Effect of Olanzapine on Skeletal Muscle DNA Methylation: A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Pilot Trial in Healthy Volunteers
- Andrew Naglich, PharmD, BCPP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist- Mental Health, VA Texas Valley Pharmacoepidemiologic Assessment of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Effect in Patients with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Opioid Use Disorder
Research Trainee Award Finalists
Abstracts include Work in Progress and Original Research with interim data analysis.
- Christine Rarrick, PharmD, MBA, Pharmacy Resident, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
Creation & Implementation of a Urinary Tract Infection Diagnostic & Treatment Algorithm for Psychiatric Inpatients with a Communication Barrier
- Lusi Zhang, Student, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
BDNF Val66Met Polymorphisms, Antidepressant Use, and Cognitive Performance: A Moderation Analysis in Patients with Psychotic Disorders
CPNP Foundation Strategic Goals Award Finalists
CPNP Foundation Strategic Goals abstracts address stigma associated with psychiatric disorders or enhances the role of pharmacists in mental health prevention or care.
- Abby MacCauley, Student, University of North Carolina, Chesapeake, VA
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Student Wellness and Mental Health Analysis
- Kali Savoca, PharmD, PGY-2 Resident, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, UT
Impact of a Pharmacist-Led Medication Management Clinic on Medication Safety and Deprescribing of Sedative-Hypnotics in Rural Elderly Veterans
- $500 honorarium
- Recognition/announcement on-site at the CPNP Annual Meeting
- Post-meeting press release announcements
- Historical recognition on the CPNP website
- Recognition as an award recipient in the Mental Health Clinician